Bigleaf is an SD-WAN provider focused on optimizing access to the Cloud. Our proprietary platform uses Software-Defined-Networking technologies to provide seamless failover and dynamic application prioritization.
We have a reliable and high-performance service offering that’s growing quickly. We’re looking for people to join our team to help us scale successfully.
Please take a look at any open roles below. If you would like to join us in one of these roles please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications for the role and why you’re interested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a strong Linux background, enjoy interacting with customers and working with hardware, and want to grow your networking skills, this might be the role for you.
Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net
Our service is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and you’ll wear multiple hats, but here’s an overview:
• DevOps and SysAdmin: Our platform is built on co-located servers and network equipment, cloud VMs, and customer-premises network appliances. On top of those elements we run Linux operating systems and custom software. In this role you’ll be responsible for managing and scaling our server/systems infrastructure and associated monitoring. You’ll also work with our dev team to scale our applications and ensure consistent reliability, creating and modifying scripts and other software to accomplish goals. Most of our system elements are automated already to some degree, but you’ll mature the automation systems, migrate to new versions, and automate tasks that are still done manually. We use Puppet, Ansible, and several other tools for automation, and we’re fans of Python.
• Service Provisioning: You’ll be part of a team that installs our software on our network appliances, configures and tests devices for new customers, and ships out the finished product. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to automate more of that process by growing existing config and testing tools, and creating new ones.
• Network Operations: Our customers expect outstanding network reliability and performance. In this role you’ll help manage our nationwide (scaling to global) IP routing platform and other network systems. This can involve configuring routers and switches, refining traffic-engineering settings, troubleshooting packet loss, and configuring internet peering.
• Technical Support: We believe it’s crucial to provide excellent service to our customers, eliminating the typical finger-pointing through skillful troubleshooting. In this role you’ll help customers (usually working with their IT consultants or other skilled people) to investigate and resolve speed concerns, application performance issues, new installations questions, and other similar situations.
• Managing Internal IT: You’ll take ownership of our IT systems and processes. Most of these are Cloud-based and lightweight, so this will be a minor part of your role. You’ll ensure a healthy new-employee sign-up process and protect the business by ensuring proper backup and security measures are in place.
• A passion for serving customers
• At least 2 year of experience in relevant roles
• Experience with Python and shell scripting
• Strong understanding of Linux, including the Linux networking subsystem (we primarily use Debian and OpenWRT)
• Experience with both Cloud environments such as AWS and Linode, and physical server hardware management
• Experience with SQL and Postgres
• Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
• Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
• Understanding of networking fundamentals
• Strong desire to learn and grow
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.