This Bigleaf Networks (Bigleaf) Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for Bigleaf products and services is
designed to help protect Bigleaf, Bigleaf customers, and the Internet community in general from
fraud, abuse of resources, and irresponsible or illegal activities.
Each Bigleaf customer is responsible for the activities of all end-users and, by accepting service
from Bigleaf, agrees to inform its customers and/or end-users of this AUP or its own
Acceptable Use Policy, which must not be inconsistent with the terms herein.
Bigleaf services are only to be used for lawful and appropriate purposes. Customers may not
transmit material in violation of any federal or state laws or regulations, including, but not
limited to, obscenity, indecency, defamation or material infringing trademarks or copyrights.
Bigleaf customers may not abuse or fraudulently use Bigleaf products and services, nor allow
nor permit such use by others. The following activities illustrate some, but not all, prohibited
uses under this AUP:
• Child Pornography: Receiving, transporting or distributing by any means, sexually explicit
conduct involving children.
• Inappropriate Content: Using the services to transmit, distribute or store material that,
as reasonably determined by Bigleaf, is inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, libelous,
threatening, abusive, hateful or excessively violent.
• Denial of Service: Engaging in any activity that will interfere or attempt to interfere with
the service of any other user, host or network on the Internet.
• Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distribution of software that attempts to and/or
causes damage or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems.
• Forging Headers: Forging or misrepresenting any message header, in part or whole, of
any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Bigleaf network.
• Email Spamming or Mailbombing: The transmitting of unsolicited Email to multiple
recipients, sending large amounts of Email repeatedly to a person to harass or threaten,
or any attempt to use Bigleaf services for SPAM.
• Unauthorized Access: Illegal or Unauthorized Access to Other Computers, Accounts,
At Bigleaf’s sole discretion, violations of any element of this AUP may result in a warning to the
offender followed by suspension or termination of service if the customer does not cease the
violation. If Bigleaf deems that a violation of this AUP has occurred, it may immediately suspend
or terminate service with or without notice. Bigleaf is not liable for any damages of any nature
suffered by any customer, user, or any third party resulting in whole or in part from Bigleaf
exercising its rights under this AUP. Bigleaf reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time.